Remember the 7 day SUGAR-less Challenge back in October?? Did you participate? We had about 45+ participants; all of whom had amazing results and noticed significant changes in weight, energy, cravings, etc.
Well here we are, about to embark 2013!! What better way to kick it off than with a nutritional challenge after all of those Christmas cookies and New Years Eve treats?? Many of you have asked for help with eating smarter and feeling better – so here we go!!
This challenge is more significant than the last and will test your willpower; however, I have no doubt that you all can do it!! If you sincerely want to make a difference in your eating habits and change the way you feel on a daily basis, then you will make the committment. It takes 21 days to establish a new habit; you must make a conscious DECISION, become AWARE, DISCIPLINE yourself, and be CONSISTENT over TIME! If you do these simple things, you will succeed.
21-day Eat Clean Challenge starts January 7-27th 2013
Rules for the challenge:
- Eat only foods that have not been overly processed with added preservatives & chemicals. A few simple rules to follow – if there are more than 5 ingredients on the food label, don’t eat it. If you cannot pronounce an ingredient on the food label, don’t eat it. If it sounds like a science experiment ingredient, don’t eat it.
- Keep portion sizes under control. (ie – 1 cupped hand=1/2 cup, 2 thumbs=1 tbsp, palm of hand=3oz.)
- Drink plenty of water. 1/2 your body weight in ounces is a good general guide.
- Choose healthy fats – nuts, avocados, olive oil. These are “good for you” fats and necessary for a healthy, balanced diet and proper absorption of vitamins and minerals. Again, watch your portions.
- Eat only lean proteins sources – chicken, turkey, fish – staying away from saturated fats.
- Eat breakfast everyday within an hour of waking to get your metabolism going – even if it is something small!
- Take note and reduce the amount of sodium and sugar consumed. Just cutting out processed foods will decrease both immensely.
- Grocery shop the perimeter of the grocery store. If you need assistance with this, let me know!
I, ________________ commit to the rules listed above. I will eat a clean, healthy diet for 21 days starting January 7th.
Again, this challenge is for YOU! If you are going to join us, please send me an email at Lindsey@FitEnvyNC.com stating “I’m committed!” I will be sending out frequent emails with recipes and nutritional information throughout the challenge. If you need help or suggestions, please let me know. Feel free to share this with family & friends and get them to join you!!! The more support, the better.