6am: P90X3 Eccentric Upper workout and then out the door to get the kids to camp and teach TRX from 8:15 – 9:15. From there, I went straight to train another client and to another meeting from 10:30 – 11:30am. Small “break” in the middle of the day, back to get the kids at 1:00pm and another meeting this afternoon.
In all honesty, I felt a little run down this morning until about an hour after lunch. It may have had to do with the rainy weather or that I am still doing fairly intense workouts (and burning calories) while cleansing. If you are wondering, the recommendation for exercise while on the 3-day refresh is “mild to moderate.” Tomorrow will be a yoga/stretch day for me.
I still have not been hungry over the last 2 days and the food choices have been pleasantly filling.
Here are what today’s meals were:
- full cup of water with juice of a whole lemon
- Breakfast: chocolate vegan Shakeology with 1/2 a banana
- Fiber Sweep drink
- Lunch: 2 cups of spinach/greens with 2 tbsp avocado and lemon juice. Vanilla protein shake.
- Afternoon snack: 2 celery sticks and 2 tbsp hummus
- Dinner: 3/4 cups broccoli, 3/4 cups cauliflower, 1 chopped scallion, 1 chopped jalapeno sautéed in 1 tsp coconut oil and sprinkled with turmeric, pink Himalayan salt and lemon juice. Vanilla protein shake.
Again today, I drank lots of water (I did not track the exact amount but will tomorrow) and herbal tea. No coffee. No wine. No added sugar. No animal protein. No grains. No processed anything…….and I feel really good!!
I do want to share again that I did not do this cleanse for weight loss; but to rid my body of toxins and foods in my regular diet that tend to create a more acidic environment. As well as to give my body “a break,” as it takes quite a bit of energy for digestion of our foods; especially animal proteins.
Check back to see how day 3 goes!!
Here’s to a health, happy remainder of the week 🙂