I possibly should have posted this a few days ago during the rain, clouds, rain and more rain. Cool, cloudy weather always seems like a good time to make some chili! But, fall is here. Football season is here and chili time is here.
Enjoy! and if you are looking for a vegetarian option, try this recipe with veggie broth, sweet potato chunks and some more beans.
You can find more clean recipes like this on my app – Get the Fit Envy app!
- 2 lbs organic ground chicken
- 1 can organic black beans
- 5 organic carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 28oz can of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 zuchinni, chopped
- 3 garilc cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder – to taste
- **2 tbsp cocoa powder** – the “secret” ingredient
Sauté all veggies and garlic in a pan with olive oil until soft. Cook ground chicken. Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high for 5-6 hours. Serve with side salad and/or cornbread!