….and yes, I would and will do the 3-Day Refresh again!
In fact, I will be hosting a “Back to School/Recover From Summer” Refresh starting Tuesday, September 2nd!
Email me if you would like to join the group at Lindsey@FitEnvyNC.com
My thoughts today are these:
- I feel refreshed! I woke this morning feeling rested and fabulous. Ready for my workout with a clear head, energized for the day and happy with my results.
- Weight loss: As I mentioned, I was not trying to lose weight on this refresh; I was doing it to give my body a break from the toxins I have been putting into it. I did weight myself at the beginning and this morning (because you need some measurable) and I lost 3 lbs over the 3 days.
- Energy & Sleep: Now on “Day 4” I do feel that my lack of energy yesterday was due to my not sleeping as well as I should have the previous 2 nights. Going back to yesterday’s blog, I did not drink the Vanilla Protein shake at dinner and I slept FANTASTIC last night. That may just result from how my body reacted with it and my early bedtime 😉
- Biggest Challenge: Day 3 was the hardest for me. I wanted to relax last night with my hubby and have a glass of wine after a LONG day for both of us (and did I ever want a glass of wine!!) But as tempting as it sounded, it wasn’t an option; as finishing the Refresh definitely took priority! Today I feel like I could enjoy a glass with dinner or not; no big deal. It is amazing the “hump” that you get over on day 3…something changes inside and you almost want to keep going with the way you have been eating.
- Biggest Change: Before the past 3 days, I was consuming more sugar than usual. Not a lot; but chocolate, some homemade baked goods, and wine 🙂 But sugar is sugar and the more you eat, the more your body craves. That “craving” has definitely subsided significantly.
So far, my meals today have been:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology with a banana, spinach and PB2
- Snack: 1 cup of roasted beets with 1 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- Lunch: omelette with 2 organic eggs, broccoli, onion, cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsp avocado
- Snack: green beans and baby carrots
- Dinner is going to be: grilled salmon, grilled asparagus and a glass of red wine 🙂